Are you an IT manager or administrator in a company that deploys Apple products and services for their mobile devices? If so, you may be looking for a solution to help you manage this constantly evolving technology more efficiently.
For most businesses, outsourcing to Mosyle or Jamf offers the most efficient Apple mobile device management (MDM) solution. These applications are a top choice of system administrators and IT professionals in various enterprises across the United States and around the world.
Is Jamf better than Mosyle, or vice-versa, for your company’s needs? The answer depends on multiple factors that impact your business operations.
More than 57,000 businesses, education institutions and healthcare organizations turn to Jamf to maximize their Apple MDM initiatives. Jamf enables users to automate their entire Apple management life cycle and personalize all devices to meet unique user requirements. It can accomplish these objectives and many others while optimizing the user experience.
Jamf produces several versions to meet the needs of a wide range of organizations. Jamf Now and Jamf Pro represent two of the more popular options.
For smaller businesses, Jamf Now can be the easiest way to execute small business MDM tasks on Apple devices. Examples of key Jamf Now features include:
- App distribution: Utilize Apple’s Volume Purchasing feature to acquire, download and distribute apps over the air without an Apple ID.
- Email configuration: Automatically set up your organization’s email accounts on every Apple device.
- Zero-touch deployment: You’ll be able to get users up and running in a few minutes without having to touch the device.
- Blueprints: Maximize efficiency by using the Blueprint feature to set up and customize multiple devices.
You can use Jamf Now with cloud and web-based Apple applications, Mac desktop models and iPhone and iPad devices. It offers a reliable solution for organizations with up to 1,000 users or larger entities with less complex device management requirements.
Jamf Now users appreciate the ability to produce customizable, easily tweakable blueprints they can apply to a targeted group of devices and push out apps with few restrictions. The price point of only $2 per month per user can also fit the budget of most small-to-medium-sized businesses. On the downside, some users have experienced issues when implementing Apple push notifications.
Jamf Pro is a robust device management solution for businesses, education institutions and government entities with 51-1,000 users. It provides all essential management capabilities in one easy-to-use package.
Examples of the various Jamf Pro features include:
- Ongoing device management: Customize your devices by creating policies and scripts to produce an optimized experience for each user.
- App lifecycle management: Enjoy the flexibility and affordability of purchasing apps in bulk and choosing the most practical deployment method. You can also preconfigure app settings to meet user requirements.
- Self-service: Create a self-service app store that enables users to install apps, update software and maintain their devices themselves.
- Security: Utilize the built-in security features to protect devices without user interaction.
Users speak favorably of the confidence Jamf Pro provides to manage all devices more reliably and the abundance of valuable features. On the downside, the monthly fee may not be affordable for smaller businesses on tight budgets.
Mosyle products and services meet the needs of more than 20,000 businesses and schools when upgrading from their legacy Apple MDM solutions. Available products include Mosyle Manager and Mosyle Business.
This complete pro-solution designed for the education market seamlessly combines robust Apple MDM capabilities with a host of security enhancements. Examples of the numerous user-friendly features include:
- Teacher’s play button: K-12 teachers can develop customized preferences for each class and get simplified configuration by pressing a button on each device.
- Complete Microsoft support: Schools with dedicated Microsoft accounts can allow teachers and students to log in using their school credentials.
- Comprehensive Apple OS installation solution: Get state-of-the-art Apple installation and patching that combines powerful and automated flows while leveraging App Store apps.
- MDM extension to families: Parents can ensure their kids are using school-owned devices correctly and safely while at home.
Get automated enterprise Apple MDM and security in one convenient package. Mosyle Business allows your organization’s IT teams to create an intuitive experience when managing multiple Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV devices.
Here’s an overview of a few of the many advanced Mosyle Business features:
- Zero-touch deployment: Mosyle Business can automatically enroll new devices while managing tasks like installing apps, enforcing policies and customizing the Setup Assistant.
- Robust feature set: Whether your business utilizes iPadOS, iOS, macOS or tvOS, Mosyle Business can do everything you need it to do without compromising usability.
- Ongoing management: Automatically apply your management profiles and add them to your new devices. It’s as simple as “set it and forget it.”
- Cloud compatibility: Mosyle Business can leverage your organization’s cloud potential, delivering maximum performance and optimal cost-efficiency.
- Scalability: If your company is or will soon be expanding, this product can grow with your business. It’s an excellent solution for organizations migrating from legacy Apple-only MDM services.
Mosyle Business can meet the needs of organizations with up to 1,000 users. Many customers rave about the wide assortment of features and multiple customization and configuration possibilities.
A potential drawback is that companies with limited experience with MDM may have a steeper learning curve due to the abundance of features. Platform accessibility can also be an issue in some cases.
Jamf vs. Mosyle: Factors to Consider
If you’re trying to decide whether Jamf or Mosyle management is better for your business, school or organization, evaluating the following factors can help you make a more informed decision:
- Size of your organization
- Number of users
- Whether you are planning to expand your operations
- Familiarity or previous experience with Apple MDM
- Number and type of platforms the product can support
- Availability of free trials to test the product and ensure it’s a good fit for your organizations
- Access to customer support to address questions and resolve technical issues
- Training opportunities for IT staff, system administrators and users during implementation and beyond
- Affordability related to the cost per the number of users
Contact Orchard to Explore Your Apple MDM Options
At Orchard, our goal is to help your organization manage its Apple devices better. We’ll help you deploy your Apple technology with ease and efficiency. We have the expertise and experience to help you select the best MDM solution and optimize its features. We also offer an assortment of platforms that are comprehensive, cost-effective and backed by reliable support.
Find out if we’re a good fit for your Apple MDM needs. Contact us to request a no-obligation quote today.